National Science Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 548

User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is B.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 5

X is a plant whose seeds are dispersed by wind whereas Y is a plant whose seeds are dispersed by animals. Which of the following holds true regarding plants X and Y?

AThe seeds of plant X may have either wings or hair like structures.
BThe fruits of plant Y may or may not be edible.
CThe seeds of plant X are dispersed in a small radius around parent plant whereas seeds of plant Y are dispersed to very far off places.
DBoth A and B

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
HOW WOULD THE PLANT/SEED HAVE WINGS!!!!!! PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 8
It should be opt. D

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6
someone pls tell if it is A or B

Ans 2:

OPTION A IS RIGHT >> this is because ton can remain as same don't decompose >> it cant be b because before lowering fruits and veges are being raised in amount but its not possible as organic waste like fruits and vegetables decompose very quickly so their amount cant be raised..... REGARDSAARUSHBYE BYE

Ans 3:

Class : Class 4
the answer can be both A and B i'm not sure

Ans 4:

Class : Class 9
Can anyone please tell me if the answer is a or b. I'm sooooooooooooooo confused

Ans 5:

Class : Class 7
The answer is A as a tin can does not decompose easily.

Ans 6:

b

Ans 7:

the answer is d (all of these) as the mosquitis will increase with time the non - biodegradable will be be constent the biodegraedable wate will decrease as the misquotes will eat it

Ans 8:

Class : Class 10
technically ,both A

Ans 9:

Ans 10:

I dont get the question. Can anyone please reply...

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Ans is D because we get QUARTZITE, OBSIDIAN, GRANITE and CONGLOMERATE, respectively, when we cut off alternate letters starting from the first letter. QUARTZITE is a metamorphic rock, OBSIDIAN and GRANITE are igneous rocks and CONGLOMERATE is a sedimentary rock.

Ans 2:

Ans 3:

Post Your Answer

The diagram shows three people taking a ride at a fair as shown here. As the boat swings back and forth, which of the following statement(s) is/are true about the three persons, X, Y, and Z ?

(i) X experiences the most potential energy when the boat swings left.
(ii) Z experiences the most potential energy when the boat swings right.
(iii) Y experiences the most potential energy as the boat passes the rest position during swinging.

A(i) only
B(ii) only
C(i) and (ii) only
D(i), (ii) and (iii)

can somebody give me the explanations ?

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 9

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Read the given statements.
(i) Paramecium has stiff hair-like structures called ____ all over its body, which are used for ____.
(ii) Hydra has a number of ____ around its mouth, that entangle small aquatic animals and kill them with their ____cells.
(iii) Frog uses its long, sticky ____ to catch insects.
(iv) Mosquito sucks up the blood of animals with its ____.
Select the option which correctly fills the blanks in any two of these statements.

A (ii) - Cilia, Absorptive;(iii) - Hand
B (i) - Tentacles, Ingestion; (iv) - Feeding tube
C (i) - Cilia, Ingestion; (ii) - Tentacles, Stinging
D (iii) - Tongue; (iv) - Pseudopodia

what is cilia absorptive cells in this question ?

Ans 1:

C

Ans 2:

c is the correct option

Ans 3:

Aarna u might know any 2 answers in these right... the simple trick is to cross the wrong so anyhow only one remains and it will be the correct answer....

Ans 4:

Answer is c

Ans 5:

option c

Ans 6:

I am not able to understand this question

Ans 7:

c is the correct option

Ans 8:

c is correct!!!!!

Ans 9:

Option C 😜

Ans 10:

Hair like structure which helps in absorption

Ans 11:

option c

Ans 12:

The options are wrong. A butterfly does not gnaw nectar.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

The answer is C - You have to take add the first and fourth term and then subtract it from the difference of second and third term eg of 1st one: 175 + 428 = 603 , 81 - 24 =57 603 + 57 = 660 Therefore, 1085 + 231 = 1316 , 641 - 374 = 267 1316 + 267 = 1583 Answer = C

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 9

A large spherical mass M is fixed at one position and two identical point masses m are kept on a line passing through the centre of M (see figure). The point masses are connected by a rigid massless rod of length l and this assembly is free to move along the line connecting them. All three masses interact only through their mutual gravitational interaction. When the point mass nearer to M is at a distance r = 3l from M and tension in the rod is zero then the acceleration of point mass will be

AGM/9l2
BGM/16l2
C25/288 GM/l2
D7/144 GM/l2

There is only answer..... No explanation.....PLS help

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

W’ is the modified fleshy tap root of turnip which stores the reserve food material. ‘X’ represents garlic i.e. an underground stem modification. In both garlic and onion, fleshy scales are edible. ‘Y’ is tomato, which is a fruit but is eaten as a vegetable. ‘Z’ represents wheat grains, which are edible seeds but in potato stem is edible.

Ans 2:

W are roots which store food in them . X is a stem and onion is also a stem. Y are fruits of the plant and we call them as vegetables. Z are seeds but potatoes are stems , so they are not same.

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

I think its C . I searched the internet and it shows that tomato is a fruit eaten as a vegetable

Ans 5:

Ans is d as the edible part of wheat is seed but that of potato is stem

Ans 6:

ans is d

Post Your Answer