National Science Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 242

User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 9

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
c

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 8

Read the given statements and select the correct option.
Statement 1 : Sound would travel faster on a hot summer day than on a cold winter day.
Statement 2 : Velocity of sound depends on temperature.

A Both statements 1 and 2 are true and statement 2 is the correct explanation of statement 1.
B Both statements 1 and 2 are true but statement 2 is not the correct explanation of statement 1.
C Statement 1 is true and statement 2 is false.
D Both statements 1 and 2 are false.

Sound travels slow in high temperatures .

Ans 1:

Class : Class 8

Post Your Answer

Read the following passage and select the option which correctly fill blanks (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv).

(i) is the point of origin of an earthquake. (ii) measures the strength of an earthquake by estimating the amount of energy released at the focus. The point vertically above the origin point on the surface of the Earth, is (iii) . Seismic waves are detected, recorded and measured by (iv) .

(i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
A Epicenter Seismograph Focus Seismologists
B Focus Seismology Epicenter Seismograph
C Focus Seismologists Epicenter Seismograph
D Epicenter Seismology Focus Seismologists

It’s seismograph that measures the strength of the earthquake.

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
Measures ki jagah it shoud be measure , english

Ans 2:

Class : Class 7
There is a grammatical error in this question, which threw me off.

Ans 3:

Class : Class 8
I agree. Statement two of the passage has a grammatical error, instead of the verb 'measures', it should be 'measure', otherwise subject-verb agreement is not achieved, and literary sense is not maintained.

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

Rohan wanted to test the strength of four magnets. He used each magnet to attract a paperclip from a distance. For each magnet, he increased the distance between the magnet and the paperclip until the magnet could no longer attract the paperclip. He then recorded his findings in a table.

Arrange the magnets from the strongest to the weakest.

A(i), (iii), (ii), (iv)
B(iii), (i), (ii), (iv)
C(ii), (iv), (i), (iii)
D(iv), (ii), (i), (iii)

b

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

B

Stronger the magnet, wider would be the spread of its magnetic field, so it would attract objects from larger distance.Hence, the correct order for the magnets from strongest  to weakest magnetic field is given in option B.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 6

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

Which of the following statements are incorrect?
(i) Every periodic motion is an oscillatory motion.
(ii) Motion of strings of a guitar shows oscillatory as well as vibratory motion.
(iii) In circular motion, the acceleration of the particle is zero.
(iv) Inertia is the property of a body by virtue of which it resists any change in its state of rest or of motion.
(v) Aluminium foils can never be used as connecting wires whatever the circuit is.

A (ii), (iii) and (v) only
B (i), (ii) and (iii) only
C (ii) and (iv) only
D (i), (iii) and (v) only

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

D

A periodic motion may or may not be oscillatory .For example , motion of earth about sun is periodic but not oscillatory.

During circular motion of an object , its direction of motion changes with time and hence the velocity.So,the acceleration of the object is non zero. 

Aluminium is a good conductor of electricity .Hence, statement v is wrong.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 5

Ritu took two bimetallic strips, I and II (of equal size, length and breadth) made up of metals P and Q; and Q and R, respectively as shown in the figure. She subjected each bimetallic strip to heating for the same time period. The given diagram shows her experiment.

Which of the following can be inferred from the given experiment?

AMetal Q expands more as compared to metals P and R on heating for the same time period.
BMetal R contracts more as compared to metals P and Q on heating for the same time period.
CThe order of expansion of these metals when subjected to heating is R < Q < P.
DBoth B and C

B says contracts more, so D is correct.

Ans 1:

* SOLUTION

Ans 2:

option C is correct. For explanation see explanation

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 4