National Science Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 530

User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 8

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9

Ans 2:

Class : Class 8
Won't moving the slinky up and down produce the same result? You can check b observing from the side.

Ans 3: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

The correct answer is D

In transverse wave, vibration of a wave is perpendicular to its direction of propagation of wave.

Ans 4:

Ans 5:

Ans 6:

Ans 7:

The correct answer is D. In a transverse wave the direction of the movement of the particle is perpendicular to direction of motion of the wave. So, over here, when we move the end Q from left and right , it will produce a transverse wave,. You can check it by observing it from the top.

Ans 8:

Class : Class 7

Ans 9:

Ans 10:

In my opinion, the answer should be both option (C) and option (D). Transverse waves are waves in which the motion of particles are perpendicular to the motion of the wave (for example, light). Moving the slinky at an angle of 45 degrees to the table would create a wave, just not a perpendicular one, and thus not a transverse wave. This excludes option (A). Option (B) is also excluded, as it creates a longitudinal wave (motion of the particles is parallel to the motion of the wave). Option (C) involves the wave being moved up and down (assumed to be at right angles, since it is not mentioned). The slinky thus also moves up and down, and creates a transversal wave (as the motion of the wave is from Q to P, and the motion of the parts of the slinky is perpendicular to line QP). Option (C) is thus correct. Option (D) involves the wave being moved left to right (assumed to be at right angles, since it is not mentioned). This also created a transverse wave (as the motion of the parts of the slinky is perpendicular to the motion of the wave from Q to P). Option (D) is thus, also correct. Since we live in a three dimensional world, and it is not mentioned in the question that the experiment is performed in a 2 dimensional world, we can assume that the experiment is done in a 3D world. Due to the presence of length, breadth and height, the slinky can be moved in two ways perpendicular to line QP (i.e. the slinky). Given that both ways this can be done are mentioned in the question, both options must be correct. Therefore, I opine that the correct answer is both option (C) and option (D).

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

Answer is A

Ans 3:

yeah the answer is a

Ans 4: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is A.

Sugar syrup is neutral and hence the colour of blue litmus and red litmus remains unchanged. Tamarind juice is acidic, so blue litmus turns red but red litmus does not change its colour. Lime water and soap solution are basic in nature which turn red litmus blue whereas blue litmus remains unchanged.

Ans 5:

Post Your Answer

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Fish Y will be least affected as it is camouflaging with the sea weeds. Fish Y can easily escape from the predator by blending with the surrounding environment.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

i think there is no option correct in this ques. no evaporation and boiling is taking place as it is cooling down towards the room temperature. also no condensation is taking place as in the ques it is written a HOT liquid is being transferred to a beaker. as well as solidification may also not take place because room temp is above 0 degree centigrate. SOF PLEASE SEE TO IT THAT THIS TYPE OF WRONGG QUESTIONS AND SOLUTIONS ARE NOT POSTED.

Ans 2:

B is the correct answer

Ans 3:

Class : Class 10
why?

Ans 4:

i think b is the correct answer

Ans 5:

I think b is correct because there is no solidification

Ans 6:

Ans 7:

Three states - gas , liquid & solid When hot water temp is going down it will be ultimate become solid ie ice But before becoming ice temp will stagnant for some time where in both states liquid & solid co-exist==> some part of liquid is in ice form. X is the same state where in solid and liquid will co-exist. Hence option 4 is correct(solidification& evaporation) Note: Could not attach gif .It would have made it more clear.

Ans 8:

Class : Class 6
b is the correct answer

Ans 9:

There is no proper solution for this question which will make it more confusing as everyone will have different opinions in this question.

Ans 10:

I THINK THAT B IS ONLY THE CORRECT ANSWER

Ans 11:

It is cooling towards room temperature so it does not solidify since the freezing point is below room temperature.

Ans 12:

B should be the correct answer I think

Ans 13:

It cools towards room temperature so it does not freeze

Ans 14:

i think b is the correct answer

Ans 15:

Also freezing and melting point of water is 0 degrees celsius

Ans 16:

at 4 degree celsius water starts expanding and 'x' shows the same the room temperature might have been near or equal to the freezing point of water(eg room temperature of regions like arctic and antarctic)

Ans 17:

I think B is the correct answer because there is no solidification taking place or else the water would have turned into ice. plus no solidification can take place when water is at room temperature.

Ans 18:

either b or d

Ans 19:

i think b is correct

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

Class : Class 3

Ans 3:

Class : Class 4
The answer is gibbous moon.

Ans 4:

3 Class

Ans 5:

Class : Class 5
b

Ans 6:

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ans 7:

Gibbons moom

Ans 8:

Ans 9:

Ug

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1:

Yes. A.

Ans 2:

a is right

Ans 3: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is A.

Both plants ‘c’ and ‘d’ bear fruits. This means they are flowering plants as only flowers change into fruits. Plant ‘c’ grows in water i.e., it is an aquatic plant but plant ‘d’ does not grow in water thus, it is a nonaquatic plant. Hence 'W' and 'X' represent plant ‘c’ and ‘d’ respectively.

Ans 4:

a

Ans 5:

A

Ans 6:

A

Post Your Answer

There are two different solutions in set up P and Q as shown in figure. The bulb in the set up P glows more brightly as compared to that of the set up Q. What are the possible causes for this?

(i) The connections of the circuit Q may be loose.
(ii) The liquid in Q may have small conductivity.
(iii) Liquid in P is equivalent to a battery while liquid in Q is equivalent to a cell of the battery of liquid P.

A Only (i) and (ii)
B Only (ii) and (iii)
C Only (i)
D Only (ii)

I don't understand (iii)

The correct answer is B

In given figures, both the circuits are tightly connected and both the liquids conduct electricity because both the bulbs are glowing. The bulb in the set up P glows more brightly as compared to that of the set up Q might be because of any of the two possibilities:

1. The liquid in Q may have small conductivity. 

2.  Liquid in P is equivalent to a battery while liquid in Q is equivalent to a cell of the battery of liquid P

Ans 2:

How can a liquid be equal to a battery and another liquid be equal to *its* cell?

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

but how do we know that the circuit is conneced tightly???

Ans 5:

Ans 6:

Yes.. Tightness is not mentioned.

Ans 7:

How can a liquid be equal to a battery and another liquid be equal to *its* cell?

Ans 8:

It’s not mentioned about tightness of the circuits.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 4
Hi

Plaese mention your query

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1:

Well shiven

Ans 2:

Drying is the answer !

Ans 3:

Class : Class 3
Drying is the answer From aayman

Ans 4:

the answer of this question is drawing because when we dry something moisture is removed from it.

Ans 5:

aayman please can you come online

Ans 6:

drying

Post Your Answer

To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction. Which of the following statements is correct regarding this?

A The buggy pulls the horse backward just as hard as the horse pulls the buggy forward. Both of them would not move forward if surface is frictionless.
B The horse pulls the buggy forward slightly harder than the buggy pulls the horse backward, so they move forward.
C The horse can pull the buggy forward only if the horse weighs more than the buggy.
D None of these

Does anybody know the solution?

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

it is one

Ans 3:

Ans.- (A) The buggy pulls the horse as backward just as hard the horse pulls the buggy forward. According to the IIIrd law of NLM( Newton's Laws of Motion), the action and reaction force takes place in two different bodies, in different direction , but of the same magnitude.

Ans 4:

Ans 5: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is A.

The buggy pulls the horse backward just as hard as the horse pulls the buggy forward. Both of them would not move forward if surface is frictionless. 

Ans 6:

Answer A will be correct if you take newtons third law of motion into consideration

Ans 7:

Post Your Answer