National Science Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 540

User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

Class : Class 8
The correct answer is CRhinoceros does not have scales on body

Ans 2:

The correct answer is CRhinoceros does not have scales on body while snake, lizard and fish have scales as body covering

Ans 3:

Class : Class 1
Google says lizards have scales.

Ans 4: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is C.

Rhinoceros does not have scales on body while snake, lizard and fish have scales as body covering.

Ans 5:

Class : Class 5
The correct answer is CRhinoceros doesn't have scales on their body while snake, lizard and fish have scales as body coveing

Ans 6:

I ticked the answer as D because fish have gills but the others dont

Ans 7:

Honestly, if you ask me,I chose snake as the answer because they can peel of their skin while the others can’t. So,Arumolzhi Ramesh I was thinking the same thing. But SOF and most of you guys say that the correct answer is C Rhinoceros as they do not have scales while the other three do. So it must be correct although I did not know lizards had scales on their bodies but as a matter of fact, they do so C must be the correct answer.

Ans 8:

Class : Class 9
Snakes can peel their skin of while the others can’t

Ans 9:

I chose snake too, so Biju Pappachan and Arumolzhi Ramesh, I have the same thought process- it sheds its skin.

Ans 10:

Ans 11:

Only this question I got wrong

Ans 12:

Class : Class 4
Do lizards really have scales? I don't think so.

Ans 13:

Snake, lizard and fish have scales as body covering while rhinoceros doesn't. Hence the correct answer is C

Ans 14:

Class : Class 7
Correct is c because rhino does not have scales while others do

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

To get a complete range of Olympiad Preparation Products (including previous years papers) log on to WWW.mtg.in, content partner for SOF Olympiads. For more details visit our website- details available on www.sofworld.org

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

The backbone or the vertebral column is a long, bony, rod–like structure, which extends from the base of the skull to the lower back. The animals which possess the backbone are called vertebrates and the ones which do not possess it are called invertebrates. Ant, spider, octopus, amoeba and starfish, are all invertebrates.So, the answer is B. Amoeba does not lay eggs. It is an unicellular organism which divide by binary fission.

Ans 2:

The backbone or the vertebral column is a long, bony, rod–like structure, which extends from the base of the skull to the lower back. The animals which possess the backbone are called vertebrates and the ones which do not possess it are called invertebrates. Ant, spider, octopus, amoeba and starfish, are all invertebrates.So, the answer is B. Amoeba does not lay eggs. It is an unicellular organism which divide by binary fission.

Ans 3:

ans is b

Ans 4:

Ans 5:

why is everyone talking about animals?! I got a question about plants specifically complete and incomplete flowers. SOF PLEASE HELP ME HELP ME!!!!!!!!! AND THAT ADMIN IS COMPLETELY USELESS

Ans 6:

admin , who are you ? why you do not tell your real name ?

Ans 7:

amoeba divides itself it does not lay eggs. they all lACK A BACKBONE

Ans 8:

GIMME GIMME THE ANS

Ans 9:

Ans 10:

I agree with ARUNAV

Ans 11:

the ans is b

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 10

Ans 1:

Since the residue obtained was black in colour and we know that only Zinc and Copper on reacting with Iron give a black residue hence the answer is Option D

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

Here, the answer is D. Black residue is obtained in test tubes I and III i.e., iron gets displaced in test tubes I and III. Therefore, metals P and R should be more reactive than iron. No change is observed in test tubes II and IV hence, metals Q and S should be less reactive than iron.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Option D

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

Here, the answer is D. The method used to extract metals from the ore in which they are found depends on their reactivity. For example, reactive metals such as aluminium are extracted by electrolysis, while a less-reactive metal such as iron may be extracted by reduction with carbon or carbon monoxide. The metals low in the reactive series are very less reactive. The oxides of such metals can be reduced to metals by heating alone e.g. mercury is obtained from its ore, cinnabar (HgS), by the process of heating. Metals like iron, zinc, lead etc. occur as sulphides or carbonates in nature. First the ore is converted into its oxide form This is done by either roasting or by calcination. The metal oxide is reduced to metal by using suitable reducing agent such as Carbon.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbb

Ans 2:

iub9u-jinjbh p8huuhikitmujipy ijogijodigdj;' h/mhykfcx

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

By why not (C)?

Ans 5:

Ans 6:

Option A shows - Dandelion, dispersed by animals B shows- Lotus seeds, dispersed by water C shows- Xanthium , dispersed by explosion And, D shows- Peas, dispersed by wind.Among these, only option B , which is ' lotus seeds, dispersed by water' is correct, therefore option B is the correct answer.

Ans 7:

Class : Class 3

Ans 8: (Master Answer)

Here, Option A shows - Dandelion which is dispersed by wind Option B shows - Lotus which is dispersed by water Option C shows - Xanthium which is dispersed by animals Option D shows - Pea which is dispersed by explosion So, the answer is B.

Ans 9:

mine every ans is correct but i obtained only 4/5!

Ans 10:

@Ananjit Chander, Because Xanthium is dispersed by animals, not explosions.

Ans 11:

Ans 12:

Class : Class 6
C is dispersed by animals not by explosion

Post Your Answer

Here, the answer is (d). The right hand rule can be used to determine the direction of the force on a current-carrying wire placed in an external magnetic field.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 2

Kindly mention your query

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 8
hi

Kindly mention your query

Post Your Answer