National Science Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 259

User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 8

Consider the following statements (a - d) each with one or two blanks.
I. In our body, __(1)__ is the longest cell while __(2)__ is the smallest cell.
II. Cell membrane in animal cells is __(3)__
III. Mitochondria is absent in ___(4)__
IV. __(5)__ are membraneless organelles of cell and are involved in synthesis of __(6)__
Select the correct option to fill any three or four blanks.

A1 - Neuron, 2 - PPLO, 4 - bacteria
B3 - Permeable, 5 - Ribosomes, 6 - proteins
C3 - Selectively permeable, 1 - Neuron, 4 - RBC
D3 - Impermeable, 4 - human RBC, 6 - lipids

Ans 1:

Class : Class 10

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6
D option can be correct.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 4
d canbe the answer

Post Your Answer

Which of the following statements are true?
(i) A shadow is formed on the same side of the object as the source of light.
(ii) The image formed by a pinhole camera is always erect.
(iii) We see stars because they reflect light from the sun.
(iv) The shadow of a pole is longest in the evening and shortest at the noon.
(v) Mirrors are good reflectors of light.

A(i), (ii) and (iii) only
B(i), (ii) and (iv) only
C(iv) and (v) only
D(i), (ii), (iii) and (v) only

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

C

A shadow is formed on the other side of the object as the source of light. The image formed by pin hole camera are inverted ,smaller and real. We see stars because they have light of their own.

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

C

A shadow is formed on the other side of the object as the source of light. The image formed by pin hole camera are inverted ,smaller and real. We see stars because they have light of their own.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Read the given passage where some of the words have been italicised. Pure wool has the natural ability to undergo biodegradation. Due to its low water and nitrogen content, wool naturally resists fire. When wool is heated, it melts and gives smell of charred meat. Wool is obtained from sheep, goat, camel, yak, rabbit etc. Angora wool is obtained from Angora goat whereas mohair is obtained from Angora rabbit. Cashmere is a fine, strong, light and soft wool obtained from yak.
Select the incorrect statement regarding this.

ALow should be replaced with high.
BMelts should be replaced by burns whereas charred meat should be replaced with burning hair.
CPositions of Angora wool and mohair should be interchanged.
DYak should be replaced with camel.

I think this Questions answer is wrong

Ans 1:

Class : Class 8

Ans 2:

Class : Class 7
the answer is b c d

Ans 3:

Class : Class 7
c

Ans 4:

Class : Class 9
The answer should be B right?

Ans 5:

Class : Class 5

Post Your Answer

B

Sand, Sawdust and Talcum Powder particles are not soluble in water. Sugar particles are soluble in water. So, sugar is the odd one out, and it is circled correctly.
Wood, Plastic and Rubber are non-metals, while Aluminium is a metal. So, Aluminium is the odd one out. That means Rubber is circled incorrectly. 
Iron, Copper, Zinc and Mercury – all are solid metals. But Mercury is the only metal that is liquid at standard temperature and pressure. So, mercury is the odd one out, and it is circled correctly.
Glass Marble, Stapler Pin and Needle are objects shapes and manufactured by men. Feather is a naturally occurring object. So, feather is the odd one out, and it is circled correctly.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

distillation separates liquid from liquid(soluble) and it can't be option d....please verify it Sof!!!

Ans 2:

distillation is process from liquid to liquid but in answer it is there how because question is like this process from solid from liquid D is wrong

Ans 3: (Master Answer)

D

Ans 4:

sorry,it's d

Post Your Answer

B

The chemical reaction in a primary cell is irreversible and hence cannot be recharged , while in secondary cells the chemical reaction involved can be reversed i.e it can be recharged.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 4
b

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 4

Refer to the given Venn diagram and select the INCORRECT option regarding organs P, Q and R.

A P could be a muscular organ which churns the food and helps in mixing it with acid.
B Q receives digestive juices from R and liver for complete digestion of all food components.
C R could be pancreas which secretes different digestive juices for digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
D P could be large intestine which is the longest and widest part of the gut.

BJHJHGNJHHJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Post Your Answer

Which of the following statements hold true for the root system shown in the given figure?

(i) It is a fibrous root system.
(ii) The branches that arise from the main root are called fibrous roots.
(iii) It is a tap root system.
(iv) Examples of this type of root system are pea, tulsi, radish, carrot and turnip.

A (i) and (iii) only
B (ii) and (iv) only
C (iii) and (iv) only
D (ii) and (iii) only

If 'D' is the correct option then the '2nd statement' must be-The branches that arise from the main root are called 'tap' root. Or the correct option must be C as the above all examples of tap root only. The question or the answer expected is wrong then it will affect the marks of the students whether it may be of 1 mark or of 3 marks. Please take my statements into consideration and do something as soon as possibleRegards Serene patel,Daughter of Sujata patel.

Ans 1:

C is the answer

Ans 2:

Ans 3:

can someone e-x-p-l-a-i-ncan someone e-x-p-l-a-i-n

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

A few substances are listed in the box.

(i) Sulphuric acid
(ii) Sodium bicarbonate
(iii) Sodium hydroxide
(iv) Ammonium hydroxide
(v) Sodium sulphate
(vi) Ammonium sulphate
(vii) Sodium chloride
(viii) Formic acid
(ix) Tartaric acid
(x) Nitric acid
Now, read the given passage and select the correct option. Substances __(p)__ are strong mineral acids while substances __(q)__ are weak organic acids. Aqueous solutions of substances __(r)__ will turn China rose indicator green while substances __(s)__ will have no effect on China rose indicator.

(p) (q) (r) (s)
A (i), (x) (viii), (ix) (ii), (iii), (iv) (v), (vii)
B (i), (iii) (v), (vii) (ii), (viii), (x) (iv), (vi), (ix)
C (ii), (v) (iii), (vii), (ix) (i), (vi) (iv), (viii), (x)
D (i), (iii) (viii), (ix), (x) (ii), (v), (vii) (iv), (vi)

Post Your Answer