National Science Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer

User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 9

Which of the following statements about the given experimental set-up is/are incorrect?

I. It is used to separate a mixture of two or more miscible liquids for which the difference in boiling points is more than 25 K.
II. It is used for the separation of different gases from air.
III. It is used to separate acetone and water from their mixture.
IV. It is based on the principle of repeated cooling and condensation of vapours by providing surface for the vapours.

A I only
B III and IV only
C I and II only
D I and III only

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
yes it 1 and 3 only

Ans 2:

Class : Class 9
3 and 1 only

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 8

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

The correct answer is D

The electonic configuration of manganese (atomic number=25) is 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d5 4s2

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 4

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

Which of the following statements is correct ?
(i) The response of plant towards the Earth is called phototropism .
(ii) The ability of certain animals to blend with the surrounding, making them difficult to spot is called camouflage.
(iii) Whales and dolphins breathe in oxygen from water through gills.
(iv) Hibernation is an adaptation for escaping hot weather.

A(i) and (ii)
B(ii) and (iv)
C(i) and (iv)
D(iii) and (iv)

escaping hot weather is called aestivation . hibernation is escaping from cold weather .

Ans 1:

Class : Class 7
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS (A)

Ans 2:

Class : Class 7
I WANT EXPLAINATION

Ans 3:

Class : Class 5
not a because The response of plant towards the sun is called phototropism

Ans 4:

Class : Class 6
Statement 4 is wrong because hibernation is done to escape cold weather not hot , so SOF is wwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg

Ans 5:

Class : Class 8
YES The correct answer is (A).

Ans 6:

statement 4 is wrong and none of the options is correct as response of plants towards earth is called geotropism

Ans 7:

sof is wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Ans 8:

The answer is wrong

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

All the properties friction are in use. Hence, the correct one option 'D'.

Ans 2:

Post Your Answer

The correct answer is C.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1:

B) 2 and 3

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Mass is the amount of matter present in an object whereas weight is the force exerted by the gravity on that object.

Now, the weight of an object, W = g X m, where 'g' is Earth's gravitational constant and 'm' is the mass of the object.

The weight of the object will remain constant as long as the mass of that object is not changing since 'g' is constant. However, the weight of an object can still be changed without changing the mass. This can be explained by the following example: Consider a helicopter with a mass, 'm'.

1. If the helicopter is accelerated towards the earth (during landing) with an acceleration equals to 'A' (positive acceleration) then its weight would become, W = (g + A) X m,  and hence, the weight would increase.

2.  If the helicopter is accelerated away from the earth (during take-off) with an acceleration equals to '- A' (negative acceleration) then its weight would become, W = (g - A) X m,  and hence, the weight would decrease.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Mass is the amount of matter present in an object whereas weight is the force exerted by the gravity on that object.

Now, the weight of an object, W = g X m, where 'g' is Earth's gravitational constant and 'm' is the mass of the object.

The weight of the object will remain constant as long as the mass of that object is not changing since 'g' is constant. However, the weight of an object can still be changed without changing the mass. This can be explained by the following example: Consider a helicopter with a mass, 'm'.

1. If the helicopter is accelerated towards the earth (during landing) with an acceleration equals to 'A' (positive acceleration) then its weight would become, W = (g + A) X m,  and hence, the weight would increase.

2.  If the helicopter is accelerated away from the earth (during take-off) with an acceleration equals to '- A' (negative acceleration) then its weight would become, W = (g - A) X m,  and hence, the weight would decrease.

Post Your Answer

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

c

Ans 2:

mechanical into kinectic

Ans 3:

Its option (c), mechanical into kinetic

Ans 4: