International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 375

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 8

Ans 1:

Class : Class 8
I think the answer in option A should be 'go' as it is correct word in the sentence.

Ans 2:

The same happened here too... I presumed the ans as A and got it right... Just wanted to know if the same happened for anyone else...

Ans 3:

Class : Class 9
I think the option for 'A' should be assumed as 'go'... as I did that and I got it correct.

Ans 4:

The answer in option A is go

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 7
The answer is A i.e. 'Many accidents at home are caused by slippery floors.'

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 7

Choose the best answer from the options given below :
Krishna walks in a shoe store. He wants to buy a pair of shoes for himself. His size is seven. Raman, the salesboy is not sure. What should be his reply?

A I'm not sure. I can't find them on the rack. But let me check in the storeroom.
B Let me see if number six fits you.
C Number seven is not much in demand. Try number eight.
D Both (A) and (B).

My question is why can't option D be the answer ?????

Ans 1:

Because option b is a rough reply

Ans 2:

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 7

Post Your Answer

Read the poem carefully and answer the questions that follow :
When I’m An Old Lady

When I’m an old lady, I’ll live with each kid, And bring so much happiness just as they did. I want to pay back all the joy they’ve provided. Returning each deed. Oh, they’ll be so excited! I’ll write on the walls with reds, whites and blues, And bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes, I’ll drink from the carton and then leave it out. I’ll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they’ll shout. When they’re on the phone and just out of reach, I’ll get into things like sugar and bleach. Oh, they’ll snap their fingers and then shake their head, And when that is done, I’ll hide under the bed. When they cook dinner and call me to eat, I’ll not eat my green beans and salad or meat. I’ll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table, And when they get angry I’ll run if I’m able. I’ll sit close to the T.V., through the channels I’ll click I’ll cross both eyes just to see if they stick I’ll take off my socks and throw one away, And play in the mud till the end of the day. And later in bed, I’ll lay back and sigh, I’ll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes. My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping. And say with a groan, “She’s so sweet when she’s sleeping!”
–Barbara Hall
How would her kids feel when she would go off to sleep?

A Angry
B Relieved
C Hurt
D Happy

shouldn't the answer be DDDDDD>??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ans 1:

Aww thanks shomili!!! no one usually replies on Forum, but well..yeahh thanks!!

Ans 2:

No, I think that the answer should be 'B' as it is mentioned that the children would groan, which in this case, indicates relief...

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

Yeah, I guess it IS B.

Post Your Answer

Read the following passages and answer the questions that follow :
The moon’s role in causing tides is much more high and important than that of the sun. The reason is that the moon enjoys more proximity to the earth than the sun as such its force of attraction is stronger than that of the sun in attracting the surface water. Tides are of immense importance. In trade, navigation and fishing, tides are very useful. During the high tide, the water depth near the coast goes up and helps big ships to reach the ports. Kandla port in Gujarat and Diamond Harbour in West Bengal owe their very existence to the tides only. The significance of both London and Kolkata also depends on the tides. Tides also keep the harbours clear of refuse and mud brought down by rivers and thus they do not allow the harbours to be silted. Commonly, the tidal rivers are navigable. For the purpose of generating electricity,
tidal waves are harnessed. Tides do not allow the sea water to be frozen by keeping the sea water in motion. Tides are also made use by the fishermen for sailing into the sea and returning to the harbour. In the countries like Canada, U.K., France and Japan, tidal power stations are set up.
Why does the moon play a greater role than the sun in causing tides?

A The moon is closer to the earth as compared to the sun.
B The moon has greater gravitational pull.
C The moon shines in night.
D None of the above.

THE ANSWER'S SUPPOSED TO BE BBBBBB NOTTT AAAAAAAAAAAA

Ans 1:

Option A is correct as Moon is near to us than the sun and it does not have greater gravitational pull than the sun as gravity depends on the mass of the object and sun has more mass than the moon. So option B is wrong.

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

Fill in the blanks with suitable pronouns from the alternatives given below :
Yesterday we entered ______ new house. It is small but it has all the amenities ______ a man can dream of. ______ have named our new house ‘The Nest’. Constructing a house is not easy. First, __?__ has to choose the location then the building plan and then the construction is to be supervised with one’s own eyes.

A oneself
B ourself
C myself
D one

the correct option is Option A)

Ans 1:

it should be a

Ans 2:

Class : Class 6

Ans 3:

Bring your own questions, this question has been brought from the 2018 IEO WORKBOOK.

Ans 4:

Class : Class 2
The question should be phrased thus: From the alternatives given, choose the pronoun suitable for filling the blank marked '?' in the passage below.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

It should be Choir

Ans 2:

Ans 3:

Class : Class 6
i agree with asmit dey

Ans 4:

Class : Class 3
The answer should be band 'cos a choir has only singers but a band has all type of musicians like drummers , trumpeters etc.

Ans 5:

The correct answer is band

Ans 6:

There is a lot of confusion but the correct answer id C 'BAND' because a choir is a term used for singers not musicians (musicians are not specifically singers). So it is ' A BAND OF MUSICIANS' and 'A CHOIR OF SINGERS'. P.S Hope that helped!

Ans 7:

it should be choir

Ans 8:

It should be Choir

Ans 9:

it should be choir

Ans 10:

Ans 11:

Class : Class 3
I agree with harry potter

Ans 12:

I think the correct option is option (B) instead of option (C)

Ans 13:

Class : Class 4
I agree with you

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
Answer is D

Post Your Answer