International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 133

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 3

The passage and answer the questions that follow.
RAINBOWS
Rainbows are often seen when the sun comes out after or during a rainstorm. Rainbows are caused when sunlight shines through drops of water in the sky at a particular angle. When white sunlight enters a raindrop, it exits the raindrop a different colour. When light exits lots of different raindrops at different angles, it produces the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet that you see in a rainbow. Together, these colours are known as the spectrum. These colours can sometimes be seen in waterfalls and fountains as well. Did you know that there are double rainbows also? In a double rainbow, light reflects twice inside water droplets and forms two arcs. In most double rainbows, the colours of the top arc are opposite from those in the bottom arc. In other words, the order of colours starts with purple on top and ends with the red on bottom. Rainbows sometimes appear as white arcs at night. These rainbows are called moonbows. Moonbows are caused by moonlight shining through drops of water.

The colours of a rainbow are known as _____________.

Afountains
Barcs
Cspectrum
Dmoonbows

on the passage he write moonbows i can not see word of spectrum

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Choose the correct option to fill in the blanks.
First trials on air
Flying has always fascinated mankind, __()__ the innumerable stories that abound in mythologies. The first documented attempt to fly was, __()__ , aboard the machine Flyer on 17th December, 1903. Orville and Wilber Wright built the machine together while it was flown by Orville on that __()__ day.
__()__ only 12 seconds and getting no more than 120 feet, this was one of the __(?)__ flights ever. However, this was the beginning of mankind's passion for flying. The second flight by the Wright brothers was __()__ and they outdid their earlier flight the same day by flying for about 59 seconds and to a maximum of 852 feet.
Another significant phase in airplane travel __()__ a few years later. Extensive research and development went into designing wartime planes that were used __()__ the First World War. These planes were much faster, reaching speeds of 125mph and flew to heights of 15,000 feet. __()__ airplanes owe their development to the First World War, they are significantly popular today as passenger carriers. A flight journey is __()__ today than earlier, with greater facilities and air traffic control.

Afastest
Blongest
Cshortest
Dquicker

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Class : Class 4
I got 36/40

Ans 2:

Class : Class 4
It will be C) Stomach because Comb, Brush and Hair Clips are things. But, stomach is an internal organ body part so it will be C) Stomach.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 8

Read the poem carefully and answer the questions that follow :
When I’m An Old Lady

When I’m an old lady, I’ll live with each kid, And bring so much happiness just as they did. I want to pay back all the joy they’ve provided. Returning each deed. Oh, they’ll be so excited! I’ll write on the walls with reds, whites and blues, And bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes, I’ll drink from the carton and then leave it out. I’ll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they’ll shout. When they’re on the phone and just out of reach, I’ll get into things like sugar and bleach. Oh, they’ll snap their fingers and then shake their head, And when that is done, I’ll hide under the bed. When they cook dinner and call me to eat, I’ll not eat my green beans and salad or meat. I’ll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table, And when they get angry I’ll run if I’m able. I’ll sit close to the T.V., through the channels I’ll click I’ll cross both eyes just to see if they stick I’ll take off my socks and throw one away, And play in the mud till the end of the day. And later in bed, I’ll lay back and sigh, I’ll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes. My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping. And say with a groan, “She’s so sweet when she’s sleeping!”
–Barbara Hall
Which word rhymes with “reach” in the poem?

A Bleach
B Teach
C Screech
D Ditch

All

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
All three except 'D'.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 2

Ans 1:

Class : Class 2
B

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

B

Ans 2:

B

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

The passage and answer the questions that follow.
A fox fell into a well, and though it was not very deep, he found that he could not get out again. After he had been in the well a long time, a thirsty goat came by. The goat thought the fox had gone down to drink, and so he asked if the water was good.
"The best in the whole country," said the crafty fox, "jump in and try it. There is more than enough for both of us." The thirsty goat immediately jumped in and began to drink. The fox just as quickly jumped on the goat's back and leaped from the tip of the goat's horns out of the well.
The foolish goat now saw what a sad condition he had got into, and begged the fox to help him out. But the fox was already on his way to the woods. "If you had as much sense as you have beard, old fellow," he said as he ran, "you would have been more cautious about finding a way to get out again before you jumped in."

Why did goat come to the well?

ATo help the fox
BTo drink water
CFor a walk
DTo have a conversation

the answer is B

Post Your Answer