International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 465

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
d

Ans 2:

Class : Class 6
The answer you thought is the answer of a friend but a mother will always try not to make the child more fear. By the way your question was wonderful...

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Class : Class 7
a . Because a teacher is asking

Ans 2:

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 7

Ans 1:

This answer for this question is so wrong. The correct answer, from my perspective, is B. The SOF team say the correct answer is A. How can mountains be characteristics of land?

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
It is not A either......... It is written that the poet cannot follow the flight of a SONG and not arrow.

Ans 2:

This answer for this question is so wrong. The correct answer, from my perspective, is A. The SOF team say the correct answer is D. Can you please tell the correct answer?

Ans 3:

a

Ans 4:

a

Ans 5:

a

Ans 6:

a

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 3
yeah I also wrote c as the answer but it is taking it wrong it is saying the answer is b)a

Ans 2:

c) the

Ans 3:

the answer is C

Ans 4:

yes the answer is c)the and not b)a

Ans 5:

i am reporting an error the answer is c

Ans 6:

Yeah.... There's where the confusion. Please make it correct. It's option c) not b). If we are wrong, then please make us correct with correct explanation.

Ans 7:

Yes you are right the answer should be ------ c) The

Ans 8:

the answer is c

Ans 9:

It should be c

Ans 10:

The correct answer is 'c' because 'the' most fits the dialogue.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

The answer is A as "in time" can also be counted as the correct usage.

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

READ EACH PASSAGE AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT FOLLOW.

Every year large numbers of plastic bottles wash up on the beaches. However, this problem can be solved if the new plan is brought in, as suggested by the scientists. In the new scheme, fishermen will be encouraged to round up plastic bottles with their fishing nets. They can then sell these and cash in on the rising price of old plastic. The recycling centres can then turn toxic waste into packaging.

Scientists believe this scheme will compensate fishermen for the loss of income due to more and more people turning vegetarian. Scientists aim to bring in this scheme soon before the fishermen are forced to sell their boats.

What does, 'bottles wash up on the beach' mean?

(A) Bottles are washed on the beach.

(B) Bottles arrive on the shore, carried by the waves.

(C) Beach is washed by the bottles.

(D) Bottles are left behind by people visiting the beach.

Ans 1:

answer is option d

Ans 2:

D) Bottles are left behind by people visiting the beach

Ans 3:

answer is option d

Post Your Answer

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is A.

Post Your Answer

Fill in the blanks with suitable verb forms.

The day __41__ terribly. My alarm __42__ and I __43__ the house with only 1 hour to spare before the plane __44__ due to take off. Luckily there __45__ very little traffic and I __46__ at the airport with 30 minutes to spare. I __47__ in at the gate and __48__ for a coffee. Just as I __49__ down , the announcer __50__ my flight. I __51__ my coffee quickly, and __52__ the sign to the departure gate, and then I __53__ that terrible announcement, the one you don't want to hear. There __54__ a problem with the engine. I __55__ around for a place to get another coffee. I __56__ a drinks machine so I went over to get some. I put in my money and __57__ the button for black coffee. When I __58__ up the cup, it __59__ only water. At that moment, the hostess __60__ that the plane was delayed because of bad weather.

A. Went

B. Terminated

C. Reached

D. Arrived

answer is C. why not D? Why not "arrived?"

Ans 1:

Correct answer is Arrived. This site has too many mistakes. I am also facing the same problem.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 5
D

Post Your Answer