Subject :IEO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is C.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 9

That is used to introduce a restrictive relative clause.
Which is used to introduce a non-restrictive relative clause.
Example
The garden, that is adjacent to my house is beautiful.
The garden, which is adjacent to my house is beautiful.

In the first one the use of that implies that of all the gardens around my house, the one adjacent to my house is beautiful. It is a restrictive clause because it limits the scope of the noun i.e. garden.

In the second one, the purpose of the sentence is to convey that the garden is beautiful. However, by introducing clause i.e. which is adjacent to my house, the writer intends to present additional information to describe the noun i.e. garden.

Post Your Answer

The correct answer is B.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 7

Ans 2:

The answer would be D . As the noun ends with the letter 's' thus here we apply the plural possessive form of the noun . So the possessive form of John Keats will be John Keats'.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
no its impossible

Ans 2:

The correct answer is a,an (option B), as the sound of "E" in European is like "Y" and we use an with letters which have a vowel sound. As the word Asian has the sound of "A" in the first letter, an will be used with it.

Ans 3:

Class : Class 5
B

Ans 4:

The correct answer is a,an (option B), as the sound of "E" in European is like "Y" and we use an with letters which have a vowel sound. As the word Asian has the sound of "A" in the first letter, an will be used with it.

Ans 5:

Class : Class 4

Ans 6:

Ans 7:

Can you please tell the answer of this question.Thank you.

Ans 8:

It’s not a sound of “Y”. It’s a sound of “U”

Ans 9:

the answer should be c because European ,Asian both start from vowels

Ans 10:

It should be B because ''E'' sounds like ''Y'' as you know ''Y'' is not a vowel so it is B.

Ans 11:

No,the answer should be [b].

Ans 12:

B is the correct answer

Ans 13:

It should be C right ?

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

According to me the answer is b)Is/sold.

Ans 3:

Class : Class 8

Ans 4:

Ans 5:

"sell" is a quasi-passive verb which is used in active form but with passive force. e.g: Sugar sells cheap here. Sugar tastes sweet. So, answer (A) is also correct.

Ans 6:

According to me the answer is b)Is/sold.

Ans 7:

B Is/Sold

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 7

Ans 1:

I think that both Active and Preoccupied are applicable in different situations, hence both are valid options. This invalidates the question as the whole point is that the questions are supposed to have one answer.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 10
Yeah

Ans 3:

selva , u r wrong. it's preoccupied as synonym of busy is preoccupied

Ans 4:

the ans is preoccupiedimagine if i sayi am busyand i am preoccupiedand i am i am activeacive means ready to do or in energectic modenot busy

Ans 5:

i also think that the correct answer is preoccupied

Ans 6:

preoccupied is correct. for example, the phone line is busy.-the phone line is preoccupied

Ans 7:

Active means you are willing to do something with enthusiasm but preoccupied means you are currently focusing on something else and cannot attend any other task

Ans 8:

Preoccupied

Ans 9:

Shouldn't the answer be preoccupied ... because Preoccupied is literally the right synonym for busy . It shows the same in Oxford dictionary as well as Google dictionary

Ans 10:

i feel like both active and preoccupied are correct in different situations, like Ananyag said.

Ans 11:

EVEN IN GOOGLE DICTIONARY ITS SAYING PREOCCUPIED

Ans 12:

I think preoccupied should be correct

Ans 13:

I too think answer should be C preoccupied but on the website it is given busy.

Ans 14:

Preoccupied is more suitable

Ans 15:

The answer should be preoccupied.

Ans 16:

Ans 17:

I think both preoccupied and active are correct in different context

Ans 18:

The answer should be preoccupied as being active doesn't always mean someone's busy.

Ans 19:

exactly!

Ans 20:

YUP ANSWER IS PREOCCUPIED

Ans 21:

pre-occupied shoul be correct??

Ans 22:

Ans 23:

I also think that preoccupied is the correct answer.

Ans 24:

preoccupied is quite similar to busyso i think the answer is marked wrong

Ans 25:

preoccupied

Ans 26:

Should be preoccupied....

Ans 27:

I believe it should be Preoccupied. It is more appropriate.

Ans 28:

I think preoccupied is absolutely right (mostly, to be specific)!

Ans 29:

Yes, it must be C) Preoccupied... because that's synonymous to busy more than active

Ans 30:

Checked on google, preoccupy is correct

Ans 31:

Hello Mayank Gupta. Akash here. The answer is A - Active.

Ans 32:

It is preoccupied.. Coz being active doesn't always mean being busy..

Ans 33:

Ans 34:

Being active can also mean to be energetic or full of stamina. Not only busy

Ans 35:

I think answer C should be correct. For example- The phone line is preoccupied.Both option A and C are correct

Ans 36:

The answer is preoccupied-Class

Ans 37:

Class : Class 6
Preoccupied should be correct.

Ans 38:

aren't both preoccupied and active considered synonyms of busy

Ans 39:

preoccupied should be the answer as active means you are ready to do something but preoccupied means that you are engrossed in some work

Ans 40:

It is supposed to be PREOCCUPIED

Ans 41:

Ananyag is correct

Ans 42:

I too, think PREOCCUPIED should be appropriate

Ans 43:

Preoccupied is synonymous to busy and should be considered a right answer

Ans 44:

Yes, answer should be preoccupied

Ans 45:

yes, I too think it should be preoccupied. Being active means to do extra-curricular activities, sports etc.

Ans 46:

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

The answer is "C"

Ans 2:

The answer is (c) not (b). M is not a vowel.

Ans 3:

Please make me understand

Ans 4:

B use the sound letter M we say an M.P in M.P letter A is vowel we stretch M and say am .p is he an am . p though we write M.P okay this question is for class 3 only it is not a wrong question

Ans 5:

Class : Class 3
why 'an'?

Ans 6:

Krishnan Sriram Gurumoorthi from The Grove School,Alwarpet,Chennai.The correct answer is B an

Ans 7:

He is an MP because a/an is defined on the basis of the sound, not the letter.

Ans 8:

it should be C

Ans 9:

c

Ans 10:

B

Ans 11:

maybe it is a class 4 or above question and maybe class3 students will learn about the rule later

Ans 12:

M is not vowel, so how their comes ''a''?please explain.

Ans 13:

The answer is an because m (em) p

Ans 14:

Ans 15:

I

Ans 16:

it can be C also

Ans 17:

C

Ans 18:

Why can it only be an? Is he the M.P? The question sounds right when we write the

Ans 19:

Ans 20:

Ans 21:

The answer is (b) not (a) or (c).

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 9

Read the following passages and answer the questions that follow :
One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
Finally, he decided since the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey. So, the farmer invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed shovels, and began to shovel dirt into the well.
All the other farm animals were very upset about this, because the donkey was their friend. But they discovered there was nothing they could do to help him. At first, when the donkey realised what was happening, he cried horribly. Then, to everyone’s amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well, and was astonished at what he saw.
With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off, and take a step up on the dirt as it piled up. As the farmer’s neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well, and trotted off!
Moral : Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. But each trouble can be a stepping stone. What happens to you isn’t nearly as how you react to it. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not giving up!
The other farm animals were upset because _________.

A the donkey was their friend
B they were unable to do anything
C both A and B
D none of the above

The animals were upset that their friend, the donkey was about to die, not for they could not do anything.

Ans 1:

c

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

READ THE PASSAGE AND ANSEWER THE QUESTION
The Land of the Vikings
(From 'Peeps at many lands: Norway' by A. F. Mockler-Ferryman)
Who has not heard of the Vikings—the dauntless sea-rovers, who in the days of long ago were the dread of Northern Europe? We English should know something of them, for Viking blood flowed in the veins of many of our ancestors. And these fierce fighting men came in their ships across the North Sea from Norway on more than one occasion to invade England. But they came once too often, and were thoroughly defeated at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, when, as will be remembered, Harald the Hard, King of Norway, was killed in attempting to turn his namesake, King Harold of England, off his throne.
Norwegian historians, however, do not say very much about this particular invasion. They prefer to dwell on the great deeds of another King Harald, who was called "Fairhair," and who began his reign some two hundred years earlier. This Harald was only a boy of ten years of age when he came to the throne, but he determined to increase the size of his kingdom, which was then but a small one, so he trained his men to fight, built grand new ships, and then began his conquests. Norway was at that time divided up into a number of districts or small kingdoms, each of which was ruled over by an Earl or petty King, and it was these rulers whom Harald set to work to subdue. He intended to make one united kingdom of all Norway, and he eventually succeeded in doing so. But he had many a hard fight; and if the Sagas, as the historical records of the North are called, speak truly, he fought almost continuously during twelve long years before he had accomplished his task, and even then he was only just twenty-one years of age.
They say that he did all these wonderful things because a girl, named Gyda, whom he wanted to marry, refused to have anything to say to him until he had made himself King of a really big kingdom. He made a vow that he would not comb or cut his hair until he had conquered the whole country. He led his men to victory after victory, and at length fought his last great battle at Hafrsfjord (to the south of Stavanger). The sea-fight was desperate and long, but Harald's fleet succeeded in overpowering that of the enemy, and Sulki, King of Rogaland, as well as Erik, King of Hardanger, were slain. Then Harald cut and dressed his hair, the skalds composed poems in honour of the event, and for ever after he was known as Fairhair. He was truly a great Viking, and he did not rest content with the conquest of Norway alone; for he brought his ships across the North Sea and conquered the Isle of Man, the Hebrides, the Shetlands, and the Orkneys, and he lived to the age of eighty-three.

In his campaign to win a large kingdom, Harald 'Fairhair'

A led his men through many triumphs
B took his men through several victories and defeats
C slew the King of Rogaland, as well as Erik, King of Hardanger
D to expire at a specific age

Ans 1:

A

Ans 2:

B

Post Your Answer