International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 398

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Millie is a student of Class IV B in Daisy Public School, New Delhi. Her family is going to Lucknow for two days to attend the birthday party of her cousin. She can’t go to school for two days. So, she wrote an application to the principal. Now, complete the application with the help of options given below :
________ _____?______ Daisy Public School New Delhi________I wish to state that my family ________ to Lucknow to attend the ________ of my ________.So, I will not be able to come to ________ on 23rd and 24th April, 20XX.Kindly grant me ________. ________Millie ________Roll no. 4

A From
B The Principal
C Teacher
D Date

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5

Ans 2:

Class : Class 4
how

Ans 3: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

The correct answer is B.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

The Holiness of Saint Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc was a young girl of seventeen. She believed that if France could put together a strong army, it could free itself from foreign rule. France was at that time ruled by Prince Henry of England. Joan was a simple, uneducated daughter of a farmer. Girls those days did not have the freedom they have now. It was amazing that a simple girl like Joan should have such ambitious ideas. Her conviction that her country could be free was so strong that she met Prince Charles of France and convinced him that he was the rightful ruler of the country. After a great deal of persuasion, Joan of Arc convinced Prince Charles to allow her to command a force to relieve Orleans. Prince Charles gave his permission and Joan of Arc led an army of French soldiers to the city of Orleans which had been conquered by the English. So great was the courage of her conviction that this young girl whipped up tremendous enthusiasm and patriotism among her soldiers. They fought fearlessly against the English. The English soldiers were taken aback by the fervour of the attacking French soldiers and retreated from Orleans. After this grand victory, she persuaded Charles to be crowned as "King of France". She led the armies of France in many other campaigns after this and restored her country’s national pride. Joan of Arc thus achieved what had seemed an impossible task through her courage and determination. She continued to lead the French army from victory to victory but was captured in an encounter in 1420 and handed over to the English. The English put her through a trial which was a mockery of justice and burned her at the stake as a witch. The French people adore Joan as their greatest national heroine. She was made a saint in 1920.
Now, choose the most appropriate options : Joan of Arc was a seventeen years old ____________ girl who had a strong _____?______ that her country could be free from foreign rule. She ____________ French Prince Charles and convinced him to allow her to command a force to relieve Orleans. French soldiers fought fearlessly and made their way to victory. Charles was crowned as "____________ of France". She was captured and ____________ alive by the English in 1420. French people adore her.

A persuation
B conviction
C ambitious
D right

it should be c

Ans 1:

it is written in the story that he or she was conviction and ambitious

Ans 2:

Ans 3:

Class : Class 7
b

Ans 4: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is B - Conviction

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 2

Post Your Answer

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Here, the correct answer is C.

The plural of thief is thieves.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Please mention your query

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Choose the best option to complete each blank.
When an animal __()__ a plant, the energy that the plant got from the sun is transferred to the animal. An animal that eats plants is called __()__ . Since it is the first animal in the food chain, it could be called the __()__ consumer. So here, a consumer is an animal that eats plants or other animals. Consumers that eat only other animals are called __()__ . And consumers that eat __()__ plants and animals are called __()__ . Producers are also very important for the survival of all living organisms in an ecosystem. Consumers __()__ on producers for the food which gives them __(?)__ . None of the other living things, would survive for long without producers.

Alight
Bair
Cenergy
Dwater

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6
It should be C and not B. Consumers get energy from food and not air.

Ans 2:

The correct ans is energy I have marked it energy but it shows wrong

Ans 3:

The correct answer should be option c ,that is energy and not option b that is air

Ans 4:

answer is c

Ans 5:

its C you dont get air from eating stuff

Ans 6:

Class : Class 8
Correct answer is C.

Ans 7:

Correct answer should be C.

Ans 8:

Ans 9:

Class : Class 9
THE CORRECT ANSWER MUST BE OPTION "C".

Ans 10:

it is Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Ans 11:

the correct answer should be and is C

Ans 12:

c not b sof should verify

Ans 13:

THE CORRECT ANS.=C

Ans 14:

I agree with all of u . Answer is C and not B!!! We get ENERGY from EATING plants and not AIR.

Ans 15:

Correct ans. is C

Ans 16:

OF COURSE IT IS C

Ans 17:

The correct answer is C:energy and not B:air

Ans 18:

(please give some up votes and sof please make it as a master answer)The correct answer is C(energy) as the producers are plant. i agree that plants also give air but over here in the case of food it gives energy to all living beings. please go through the candid new trends in science textbook, interdependence in living being beings. thank you

Ans 19:

(Master Answer)Admin from revisewise, NoidaClass : >Class 1 10 days agoThe correct answer is C.When an animal __eats__ a plant, the energy that the plant got from the sun is transferred to the animal. An animal that eats plants is called __consumer__ . Since it is the first animal in the food chain, it could be called the __primary__ consumer. So here, a consumer is an animal that eats plants or other animals. Consumers that eat only other animals are called __carnivores__ . And consumers that eat __both__ plants and animals are called __omnivores__ . Producers are also very important for the survival of all living organisms in an ecosystem. Consumers __depend__ on producers for the food which gives them __energy__ . None of the other living things, would survive for long without producers

Ans 20:

Yes the right ans. is C.

Ans 21:

The correct answer is probably C. How can plants transfer air to others?.I THINK there is a need of reporting an error

Ans 22:

Guys it is K K for koolK give up enthf

Ans 23:

Class : Class 3
the correct answer is C

Ans 24:

It's CCCCCCCCCCCCCDCCCCCCCCCCCDCC

Ans 25:

I have also typed option C but my device is showing it wrong?????????I think my device has hanged It needs check up !!!!!!!!!!

Ans 26:

the correct ans should be c(energy)

Ans 27:

it is definitely energy

Ans 28:

IT SHOULD BE C INSTEAD OF B BECAUSE ''CONSUMERS GET ENERGY FROM PRODUCERS.''

Ans 29:

Class : Class 10
The answer should be c not b

Ans 30:

The correct answer is c (energy) not b (air)

Ans 31:

Class : Class 3
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS C.PLEASE RECTIFY IT.

Ans 32:

yeah ....It should be C

Ans 33:

energy is the answer SOF mostly wrong

Ans 34:

CCCCCCCCCC

Ans 35:

It Should be C not B as animals get mainly ENERGY from it not AIR. And it is also written in the para that producers - plants transfer ENERGY. SOF need to check it.

Ans 36:

Ans 37:

(Master Answer)The correct answer is C.When an animal __eats__ a plant, the energy that the plant got from the sun is transferred to the animal. An animal that eats plants is called __consumer__ . Since it is the first animal in the food chain, it could be called the __primary__ consumer. So here, a consumer is an animal that eats plants or other animals. Consumers that eat only other animals are called __carnivores__ . And consumers that eat __both__ plants and animals are called __omnivores__ . Producers are also very important for the survival of all living organisms in an ecosystem. Consumers __depend__ on producers for the food which gives them __energy__ . None of the other living things, would survive for long without producers.It should be C cause how can we get air from plants ⁉

Ans 38:

It should have been c many people have said this and I too agree that it was energy

Ans 39:

The correct answer should be Option C(Energy) not Option B(Air)

Ans 40:

it should be c

Ans 41:

The correct answer should be option C

Ans 42:

I do agree with all of you.the correct answer is C according to me

Ans 43:

The correct answer is C and not B. When animals eat plants they get energy from them and not air.

Ans 44:

it should be option CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ans 45: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is C.

When an animal __eats__ a plant, the energy that the plant got from the sun is transferred to the animal. An animal that eats plants is called __consumer__ . Since it is the first animal in the food chain, it could be called the __primary__ consumer. So here, a consumer is an animal that eats plants or other animals. Consumers that eat only other animals are called __carnivores__ . And consumers that eat __both__ plants and animals are called __omnivores__ . Producers are also very important for the survival of all living organisms in an ecosystem. Consumers __depend__ on producers for the food which gives them __energy__ . None of the other living things, would survive for long without producers. 

Ans 46:

hi

Ans 47:

Class : Class 10
It should be C as consumers get energy from producers , not air.

Ans 48:

are plants air conditioner

Ans 49:

Correct Answer is Energy.Such misleading erroneous answer key needs review by SOF as it creates confusion among st children.

Ans 50:

are plants air conditioner!

Ans 51:

hi

Ans 52:

Ccc. Cc

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Thieves

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Its

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

On

Ans 2:

a

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Ans 1:

Red-Letter Day is the correct option

Ans 2:

thank you i did not know this answer and got it wrong

Ans 3: (Master Answer)

The answer is A.

A red-letter day is an important, special and happy day or a day of opportunity.

Ans 4:

why ? there is nothing special

Ans 5:

Ooooooook

Post Your Answer