International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 490

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

READ THE EXTRACT FROM A LETTER AND CHOOSE THE BEST WORD FOR EACH SPACE
Dear Sapna,
Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while but I haven't been very well.
I'm feeling quite (e.g.) ____worn out_____ with all my school work, and the pressure of exams is really _____(15)______. Also, I still haven't recovered from a nasty illness I got last week. I was walking to school last Monday when I suddenly felt faint and thought I was going to _____(16)_____. I thought perhaps I was coming _____(17)_____with flu, so I called my mother. When we got home, she noticed that I had a rash.
There were little red spots all over my face and neck. The doctor said that I had food poisoning and told me to stay in bed and to drink lots of water. She said that if I carried _____(18)_____her instructions, I would probably get _____(19)_____ in a few days, but I still feel quite weak.
That is all for now.
Bye,
Deepa

_______(16)________

A pass over
B pass through
C pass out
D pass down

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is C.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
Irreleavent

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6
ans:1 intelligence

Ans 2:

Class : Class 9
answer is option a

Ans 3:

answer is a

Ans 4:

ans:1 intelligence

Ans 5:

yes

Post Your Answer

Fill in the blanks with the correct use of comparative or superlative from the options given below :

India is a great country. It has the second __31__ population in the world after China. The cities of Kolkata and Mumbai are among the __32__ in the world. In India there are also __33__ languages than almost any other country in the world but out of them the __34__ spoken ones are Hindi and English. India also has a very long history, probably __35__ China's, if not __36__ ! It has also one of the __37__ histories which has given the world some wonderful monuments for the world to see. One of the __38__ monuments is the Taj Mahal. India's natural beauty is also very interesting from the __39__ part of the Himalayas in the North to the plains of Southern India. The Shillong plateau in Eastern India is one of the __40__ places in the world.

A. Longer

B. As long as

C. Lengthy

D. None of these

Ans 1:

B. As long as

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

no,it is of

Ans 2:

of answer is a

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

The word 'at' is correct. At least I don't see why it is wrong. I suppose they have made a mistake!

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 1

Ans 1:

Class : Class 5
are

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is A.

Ans 3:

Class : Class 8
are

Post Your Answer