International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 371

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Fill the correct simple past or past perfect form of the verb given in the brackets from the options given below :
Ramya ____ (start) asking for books even before I ____ (know) her for a week. When Sandhya ____ (see) all the pictures, she ____ (be) ready to leave. Tenses (Present-Perfect; Past-Simple, Continuous and Perfect) 9 Qadir ____ (come) to have lunch with me but I ____ (have) some errands to do. We ____ (not invite) Rubina to the party because she ____ (misbehave) with our guests last time. As soon as Sarla ____ (get) her money, she ____ (rush) out of the place. I ____ (thank) Rajni for what she ____ (do) for me.
Hardly ___?___ (I enter) the house when I ____ (hear) the mirror break.

A I entered
B I had entered
C I did enter
D had I entered

?????

Ans 1:

Class : Class 4
I think it is answer : i had entered

Ans 2:

Class : Class 7
https://www.sofolympiadtrainer.com/user/endTest/resultReport

Ans 3:

Class : Class 8
its wrong

Ans 4:

Class : Class 5

Ans 5:

Class : Class 2
answer I hadentered

Ans 6:

Answer I had entered

Ans 7:

Ans 8:

Class : Class 6

Ans 9:

https://www.sofolympiadtrainer.com/user/endTest/resultReport

Ans 10:

D

Ans 11:

Class : Class 9

Post Your Answer

Fill the correct simple past or past perfect form of the verb given in the brackets from the options given below :
Ramya ____ (start) asking for books even before I ____ (know) her for a week. When Sandhya ___?___ (see) all the pictures, she ____ (be) ready to leave. Tenses (Present-Perfect; Past-Simple, Continuous and Perfect) 9 Qadir ____ (come) to have lunch with me but I ____ (have) some errands to do. We ____ (not invite) Rubina to the party because she ____ (misbehave) with our guests last time. As soon as Sarla ____ (get) her money, she ____ (rush) out of the place. I ____ (thank) Rajni for what she ____ (do) for me.
Hardly ____ (I enter) the house when I ____ (hear) the mirror break.

A saw
B was seen
C had seen
D had been seen

Ans 1:

Answer is C

Ans 2:

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

Ans 5:

The answer is C

Ans 6:

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

Read the story given below and fill the most appropriate articles in the blanks:
Once ____ king lost ____ arm in ____ accident. He felt miserable but his minister consoled him by saying that some good might come out of that evil. ____ king got angry and turned him out of his service. One day the king lost his way while passing through ____ forest. Some tribal men caught hold of him. They were in search of ____ person whom they could offer as ___?___ sacrifice to their Gods. But when ____ priest looked at king, he said, "This man is useless because he has lost one of his limbs."Thus the king was set free. He came back ____ home and realised ____ truth of the minister's words.

A an
B a
C the
D no article

I wrote A.an by mistake though the answer is B.a

Ans 1:

b) a

Ans 2:

Which one is it ?

Post Your Answer

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

the correct answer is D . ' those ' is a part of demonstrative pronouns .

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 8

Read the poem carefully and answer the questions that follow :
When I’m An Old Lady

When I’m an old lady, I’ll live with each kid, And bring so much happiness just as they did. I want to pay back all the joy they’ve provided. Returning each deed. Oh, they’ll be so excited! I’ll write on the walls with reds, whites and blues, And bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes, I’ll drink from the carton and then leave it out. I’ll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they’ll shout. When they’re on the phone and just out of reach, I’ll get into things like sugar and bleach. Oh, they’ll snap their fingers and then shake their head, And when that is done, I’ll hide under the bed. When they cook dinner and call me to eat, I’ll not eat my green beans and salad or meat. I’ll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table, And when they get angry I’ll run if I’m able. I’ll sit close to the T.V., through the channels I’ll click I’ll cross both eyes just to see if they stick I’ll take off my socks and throw one away, And play in the mud till the end of the day. And later in bed, I’ll lay back and sigh, I’ll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes. My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping. And say with a groan, “She’s so sweet when she’s sleeping!”
–Barbara Hall
How do you feel when you read this poem?

A Want to laugh
B Think of the naughty things you do
C Both A and B
D Get bored

its my opinion whether i will get bored or not. there is o wrong answer to this question

Ans 1:

this is wrong i can feel whatever i want

Ans 2:

its a subjective question cmoni can feel bored if i feel bored

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

true.. silly question if you ask me

Ans 5:

Hahhhhaaahhaahah good oneee!! brooo u amazzinn

Ans 6:

Technically, you can choose any of them. I mean, so what if I get bored? It's the poet's fault. I'm not supposed to feel the way they want me to feel.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1:

Class : Class 3
C

Ans 2:

bhopal hahaha! nbenjnheba

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 8

Ans 1:

it is b

Ans 2:

It's A for sure, it's not wrong

Ans 3:

i think b can also be the answer

Ans 4:

it should be b

Ans 5:

I can't see how it isn't Option b

Ans 6:

In my opinion, it's both option (A) and option (B).

Ans 7:

Could someone clarify the answer?

Ans 8:

Option b

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

KIndly mention your query

Post Your Answer