International Maths Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 735

User Forum

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 3

Ans 1:

Class : Class 4
good

Ans 2:

Class : Class 3
The logic is simple here.. Rohan delivers newspapers on weekdays (i.e) Monday to Friday. The only condition that would address the number of papers delivered on Sunday is if he deliver's 14 more papers on Sunday than on weekdays. So the answer is 1.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1:

Class : Class 8
3/10

Ans 2:

3/20 is correct

Ans 3:

the correct answer is 3/20 which is C

Ans 4:

Class : Class 3

Ans 5:

Class : Class 6
3/20Thank you Priti Srivastav

Ans 6:

Class : Class 5

Ans 7:

Class : Class 6
It is 3/20 because- if you add 2/8 and 3/5 =17/20 which he drank =20/20-17/20=3/20

Ans 8:

3/10

Ans 9:

Answer is option B or 3/10

Ans 10:

3/10 is correct

Ans 11:

Class : Class 5
3/20

Ans 12:

Class : Class 9
blah blah blahwhatever

Ans 13:

Class : Class 10
Answer : B
Milk left for the evening = 1 - 2/8 = 6/8
Milk consumed in the evening = 3/5 of 6/8 = 3/5 x 6/8 = 18/40
Total milk consumed = 2/8 + 18/40 = 28/40
Milk left = 1 -28/40 = 12/40 = 3/10

Ans 14:

Ans 15:

2/8 (=10/40) in the morning left only 6/8 3/5 of 6/8 = 18/40 leftover milk is = 1-(10/40) - (18/40) = 12/40 = 3/10

Post Your Answer

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 7

Ans 1:

Class : Class 7
a[72]

Post Your Answer

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 8

Read the following information carefully to answer the question given below:
The sum of the incomes of A and B is more than that of C and D taken together. The sum of the incomes of A and C is the same as that of B and D taken together. Moreover, A earns half as much as the sum of the incomes of B and D.
If A's income be Rs. 80,000 per annum and the difference between the incomes of B and D be the same as A's income, B's income is _____.

A Rs. 40,000
B Rs. 60,000
C Rs. 80, 000
D Rs. 1,20,000

Ans 1:

D part

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Class : Class 10

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is D.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is D.

Post Your Answer

The correct answer is D.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

this was an easy one

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

First add the numbers in opposite and square it. Do the same for all the three pairs, Finally add the three results. You will get the number at the centre Example: 1st one 1+6= 7 7^2 = 49 9 + 4 = 13 13 ^ 2 = 169 3+ 5 = 8 8^ 2 = 64 49+169+64 = 282 All the best...............

Ans 5:

Post Your Answer

Two rows of numbers are given. The resultant number in each row is to be worked out separately based on the following rules and the question below the rows of numbers is to be answered. The operations of numbers progress from left to right.
Rules
I. If an odd number is followed by a two-digit even number then they are to be added.
II. If an odd number is followed by a two-digit odd number then the second number is to be subtracted from the first number.
III. If an even number is followed by a number which is a perfect square of a number then the second number is to be divided by the first number.
IV. If an even number is followed by a two-digit even number then the first number is to be multiplied by the second number.

What is the difference between the resultant of the first set of numbers and the second set of numbers?

A 106
B 118
C 210
D 222

The correct answer is A.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 6

Two rows of numbers are given. The resultant number in each row is to be worked out separately based on the following rules and the question below the rows of numbers is to be answered. The operations of numbers progress from left to right.

Rules :

(i) I f a two-digit odd number is followed by a two-digit odd number they are to be added.

(ii) I f a two-digit even number is followed by a two-digit odd number which is a perfect square, the digit number is to be subtracted from the odd number.

(iii) If a three-digit number is followed by a two-digit number the first number is to be divided by the second number.

(iv) I f a prime number is followed by an even number the two are to be added.

(v) I f an even number is followed by another even number the two are to be multiplied.

If X is the resultant of the first row, what is the resultant of the second row?

(A) 192

(B) 128

(C) 132

(D) 144
Please tell me solution

Ans 1:

Class : Class 7

Post Your Answer