User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 8

Fill in the blanks with indirect forms of speech :
Ghost : Ha, ha! I have a glorious past of terrifying people.
Mr. Otis : Mr. Ghost, why don't you oil your rusty chains? The clanking noise doesn't let me sleep.
Mrs. Otis : Uf! How miserably you are belching! Take this tincture to cure your stomachache.
The ghost laughed furiously and said that ________. Mr. Otis asked the ghost ________? He further told him that ________. Mrs. Otis exclaimed with disgust and told the ghost that ____?____! She, then, advised him ________.

A how miserably he was belching
B he was belching very miserably
C he was belching how miserably
D how miserably you are belching

I say its option b but they are saying that it is option a.Is it not wrong English to say”Mrs Otis exclaimed.....the ghost that how miserably he was belching?”.....shouldn’t the right answer be option b?

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
it should be B

Ans 2:

Class : Class 8
it is b

Ans 3:

When changing from direct to indirect voice, an exclamatory sentence (or any type of sentence for that matter) is changed to an assertive sentence. Option (A) and option (D) are thus excluded, because if they are filled into the respective blank, the sentence would be an exclamatory one. Additionally, the 'you' in option (D) is not acceptable, as personal and possessive pronouns change along with the tense when converting from direct to indirect.Option (C) simply doesn't make sense. The word 'how' advocates that Mrs. Otis is asking a question, while Mrs. Otis is simply exclaiming the manner in which Mr. Ghost was belching. Thus, by deduction, option (B) is the correct answer (in my opinion).

Ans 4:

B

Ans 5:

Should be B

Ans 6:

there's no way the answer would be option ait would be bbcz an exclamatory sentence changes its form to declarative onealso option a sounds incorrectWHY doesn't SOF correct the incorrect options that they have given?

Ans 7:

the answer should be b . it suites best in the sentence

Ans 8:

Why not option B ?

Ans 9:

Answer should be B

Ans 10:

B