User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 8

Read the given statements and select the correct option.
Statement 1 : While drawing a line on a paper, friction force acts on paper in the same direction along which line is drawn on the paper.
Statement 2 : Friction always opposes motion.

A Both statements 1 and 2 are true and statement 2 is the correct explanation of statement 1.
B Both statements 1 and 2 are true but statement 2 is not the correct explanation of statement 1.
C Statement 1 is true and statement 2 is false.
D Both statements 1 and 2 are false.

I don't understand how statement 1 is true

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9

Ans 2:

No statement 1 is correct where as statement 2 is also correct

Ans 3:

Class : Class 5
all the options are incorrect as statement 1 is false and statement 2 is true.so the answer should look like:(iv)none of these

Ans 4:

Statement 1 is false while Statement 2 is true

Ans 5:

Class : Class 8
statement 1 is falsewhereas statement 2 should be true

Ans 6:

All the options must be incorrect as friction always opposes motion and friction acts in direction opposite of force applied but there is no option saying this

Ans 7:

Why dont they update the answers and options?? THERE SHOULD BE A NEW OPTION HERE

Ans 8:

I agree with ANUBHA MAHAJAN as friction does not always oppose the motion.

Ans 9:

YES THERE IS A LOT OF ERROR IN THE OPTIONS

Ans 10:

It should be E first statement is incorrect while second statement is correct.

Ans 11:

Friction not always opposes motion, it opposes the relative motion but they should've given examples of it. I have read it in a book but there is no examples there, too. :-?

Ans 12:

Friction always opposes motion but while drawing a line on a paper, the frictional force acts in the opposite direction in which the tip of the pen acts / the line is drawn. I think all options are incorrect as 'statement 1' is wrong but 'statement 2' is right

Ans 13:

Class : Class 10
not in all cases friction opposes, this is proved from statement 1 as friction acts backward on the paper and it will act forward on the direction where the pencil is moved

Ans 14:

Ans 15:

But friction always opposes motion...then how are they saying that option c is true?

Ans 16:

Ans 17:

You

Ans 18:

Class : Class 7
Technically, all of the options are incorrect, as Statement 1 is false and Statement 2 is true.

Ans 19:

Statement 2 is correct while Statement 1 incorrect as frictions is defined as a force which opposes motion and it would not be frictional force if it is not opposing motion that why there has to be a option E.

Ans 20:

Yes , I also agree that friction always opposes motion and the following options are incorrect as *Statement 1* is incorrect and *Statement 2* is correct. There is surely some error.

Ans 21:

IT 'S ANSWER SHOULD BE D?

Ans 22:

In my opinion statement 2 is true and statement 1 is false as friction always opposes the motion of an object. Also the friction between the pencil and paper should be exerted in the opposite direction.

Post Your Answer