User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 7

Which of the following statements are correct?
I. The tangy taste of cola drinks is due to carbonic acid which is an organic acid.
II. Inorganic acids are prepared artificially in the industries and are extremely corrosive.
III. Hydrochloric acid reacts with metals to varying degrees therefore, it is stored in glass bottles.
IV. Organic acids are weak acids and are used as food supplements.

A I, II and III only
B I and IV only
C II and IV only
D All of these

Why is carbonic acid inorganic even though all organic acids have carbon in their formulae and H2CO3 is the formula of carbonic acid?

Ans 1:

Class : Class 8
Hydrochloric acid reacts with metals and corrodes them and is therefore stored in glass bottles... This question is wrong and so is the explanation.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 10
Hcl doesnt react with glass. The explanation is wrong

Ans 3:

Hydrocloric acid is very corrosive and reacts with metals . So HCL is stored in glass bottles because it dont causes damage to it . ..........SO 3 statement should be true and their explanation is wrong .

Ans 4:

Class : Class 7
Yes, I also agree. HCl is a strong acid and reacts with metals almost exactly like H2S04, it is also stored in glass for this reason, question is wrong.

Ans 5:

Class : Class 7
Q is wrong since option 1 is false, rest all are true

Ans 6:

I completely agree... The HCl reacts with metals , which is major reason of why HCl is stored in glass bottles..

Ans 7:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ans 8:

Hcl reacts with metals also

Ans 9:

Class : Class 5
You all are correct

Ans 10:

Hcl doesen't react with metals......Sulphuric acid does

Ans 11:

hcl reacts with metals too

Ans 12:

Inorganic acids such as minerals acid like HCL , H2SO4 etc . Are. Not always made in factories . HCL is produced in our stomach.

Post Your Answer