User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 6

The diagram shows identical lamps X and Y connected in series with a battery. The lamps light with normal brightness.

If a third lamp Z is connected in parallel with lamp X, then what will happens to the brightness of the lamp Y?

A Brighter than normal
B Normal
C Dimmer than normal
D Very dim (cannot be seen)

why?

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6

Ans 2:

Class : Class 7
It should be B as no change of current is there in Y.

Ans 3:

Class : Class 10
I agree with Abhaid Goel.

Ans 4:

i agree with him too

Ans 5:

Ans 6:

Class : Class 9
a is the correct answereverywhere

Ans 7:

Class : Class 8
b is answer

Ans 8:

Ans 9:

I think B or C is correct. Master Answer explain this

Ans 10:

Class : Class 3
yaa me 2 i think its b\

Ans 11:

I agree with omkar,maitri,abhid etc all who are saying option B because we can read that another bulb 'Z' is connected in "PARALLEL" and not in "SERIES" and as we know , if we connect many bulb with same battery in a parallel circuit , they will give same brightness if the one bulb was connected , but the consumption of battery will also increase.So, according to me , there will be no change in bulb y (NORMAL)ans should be : option "A"

Ans 12:

Shouldn't the answer be option B, because it makes the most sense. No electricity or amps or power is taken away from bulb Y. Why is it answer A?

Ans 13:

Ans 14:

correct answer should be option B because there is no change in the current passing through lamp Y.

Ans 15:

*as if the one bulb was connected

Ans 16:

I think (A) is the answer because the explanation in the solution makes complete sense but technically it could also be (B)

Ans 17:

i think it is b

Ans 18:

The correct answer is B as the bulb Y is in straight series and there is no change of current passing through it. And the curent gets equally divided among X and Y.

Ans 19:

it is b only not c pls report an error

Ans 20:

Ans 21:

Ans 22:

Ans 23:

I thought of B but after checking the solution I got it that it's A only, so the answer is A

Post Your Answer