User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 3

Read the passages given below carefully and then answer the questions that follow :

Sona's Ride

Sona moved into the cool, blue moving water. She pushed the black inner tube towards her. She was very worried as she had never floated on the river before. 'Let me hold your hand, while you climb on,' said her father. Sona was trying very hard to hide her nervousness. 'It is a bright and beautiful day. There is not a cloud in sight. Great day to be on the river isn't it?' said she.

Sona looked out across the water where people were drifting on the tubes effortlessly. She could even see some of them talking and chatting while sailing away. None of them looked frightened. 'We'll stay together,' said her father, 'I'll hold on to your rope.'

'Will we go very fast?' Sona asked. 'No,' said her father, 'It will move slowly for a while, and then it will move quickly towards the river's curve. You don't have to worry, you will be fine.' Sona looked at her tube. It bobbed up and down, and she saw a girl of her own age having fun. Suddenly, Sona's worries disappeared. 'Keep it steady so that it will not move, father. I am ready to climb on it' said Sona.

The word 'drifting' means

A. Gently moving around

B. Walking quickly

C. Gliding in the sky

D. Spinning around

Ans 1: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is A.

Post Your Answer