User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Read the passage and answer the question that Follow.

Most people would shudder at the idea of getting caught up in a 73.5-feet wave. But for Brazilian pro-surfer Maya, it presented the perfect opportunity to break her 2018 world record for the largest wave surfed by a female. The athlete skillfully conquered the massive wave earlier this year, at the inaugural World Surf League (WSL) Nazaré Tow Surfing Challenge in Praia do Norte, Portugal. It was the same site where she made her first world record by riding an equally intimidating 68-feet wave.
"I was in the zone and braver than I usually am on that day," said Gabeira. "I was risking more than I usually like to do. When I let go of the rope, I had a feeling it could be the one but wasn't sure. The speed was very high, but the noise that the wave made when it broke made me realize that this was probably the biggest wave I'd ever ridden."
Though Gabeira completed the incredible feat on February 11, 2020, her record was not announced by the Guinness World Records until September 10, 2020. That's because the WSL officials had to first determine whether it was the Brazilian surfer or her competitor, Justine Dupont, who had ridden the largest wave. The wave's height from trough to crest is usually estimated with the help of photos and videos. However, the proximity of the large swells ridden by the two pro-surfers, and the possibility of a new world record being established, warranted a more rigorous analysis.

The first record was made by Gabeira on/in _______.

Aa 73.5 feet wave
B2018
C2020
D2010

what ????????????????? there wasn't even 2018 mentioned in passage

Ans 1:

Class : Class 4
how?

Post Your Answer