User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 2

Read the passage and answer the questions that follow.
THE GARDEN
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful garden. In the garden, there were many colourful flowers such as red roses, yellow daisies and white lilies along with many stones. Everyday the flowers would smile at the children who came to play in the garden. They would dance in the breeze and spread their fragrance. But the stones, they just stood still.
One evening, after everyone had left the garden, the flowers began discussing this among themselves. The red rose said, ‘These stones do nothing. We always do the work.’ The yellow daisy added, ‘You’re right, my friend! They should work as well.’ The white lily listened to them but didn’t say a word. Soon, they all fell asleep. The Lord of the garden heard this and decided to do something. The next morning, the flowers woke up to a loud noise. The stones were moving. As they moved, they pushed the flowers and damaged the grass. The flowers began to scream, ‘Help, help, somebody help. These stones are going to kill us.’ The white lily spoke up, ‘Why are you screaming? They are working. You should be happy.’ The red rose cried out, ‘Yes, we did. But we’re sorry now because they are hurting us. Oh! Please make them stop.’
The Lord of the garden heard their cries and stopped the stones from moving.
The yellow daisy said, ‘I’m happy to do all the work. I’ll never complain anymore.’
Breeze means a ______________ wind.

Astrong
Blight
Ctight
Dhigh

Post Your Answer