User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Read the passage and answer the questions that follow.
If you've read about the latest health trends, you may know that sugar is being listed as a major contributor to how overweight and unhealthy some people are. If you know people who have considered juicing, fasting or cleansing in an effort to lose weight or improve their well-being, you're probably aware that cutting out foods is not effective as a long-term lifestyle approach to healthy eating.
There is one kind of diet that is worthwhile, according to some experts, reducing sugar in your diet can help you drop pounds, improve your health and even give you more beautiful, radiant skin.
"Early on in my practice, when I would notice that people had real addiction to sugar, we'd start trying to wean them of sugar or limit their intake or eat in moderation, but the word 'moderation' it never worked," food expert Alpert said.
"What was so successful in getting my clients to kick their sugar habit was to go cold turkey which means to totally cut out sugars. When they did, I wasn't their favourite person, but the number one positive effect was that it recalibrated their palate," she said.
For the duration of the three day sugar detox, Alpert recommends no added sugars, but also no fruits, no starchy vegetables (such as corn, peas, sweet potatoes and butternut squash), no dairy, no grains and no alcohol. "You're basically eating protein, vegetables and healthy fats."
For example, breakfast can include three eggs, any style; lunch can include up to 6 ounces of poultry, fish or tofu and a green salad, and dinner is basically a larger version of lunch, though steamed vegetables, such as broccoli, kale and spinach can be eaten in place of salad. Snacks include a handful of nuts and sliced peppers with hummus. Beverages include water, unsweetened tea and black coffee.
Though they don't contribute calories, artificial sweeteners are not allowed on the plan, either. "These little pretty colored packets pack such a punch of sweetness, and that's how our palates get dulled and immune and less reactive to what sweetness really is," Alpert said. It now seems that consuming artificial sweeteners causes people not only to store more fat, they also end up overeating later on to compensate for the increased energy storage.

Choose the best title or heading for the passage.

AFruit is the Answer
BNo More Sweets
CSome Sugar is Good for You
DHow to Eat Sugar Well

Post Your Answer