User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 3

Read the passage and answer the questions that follow.
Once upon a time there was a little white hen. She lived in a little blue house, and she had a little green garden. Every day she worked in the house and garden. Near her home lived a family of foxes. One day mamma fox said to papa fox, "I want a fat hen to eat." There was nothing in the pantry for the baby foxes, so papa fox started out to find something for them all.
He ran down the road until he came to the woods. "Surely I will find something here," he said, but he found nothing to eat in the woods. As he came near the little green garden he said, "Oh, I smell fresh cake. Oh, I smell a little white hen."
Sure enough, there was the little white hen eating her cake. Papa fox snuck up quietly behind her and grabbed her and put her into the bag on his back; then he ran quickly off down the hill toward his home. The little white hen was so frightened that she could only whisper, "Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear."
Just then she had to sneeze, and when she put her claw into her pocket for her handkerchief, she felt her little scissors. Quick as a flash she took them out and cut a little hole in the bag. Peeping out she saw a great hill just ahead, all covered with stones. As papa fox stopped to rest on his way up the hill, with his back turned toward her, she cut a big hole in the bag, jumped out and quickly put a big stone in the bag in her place. As papa fox kept on up the hill, he thought the bag was pretty heavy, but he said, "Never mind, she is a fat little white hen."
Mamma fox met him at the front door with all the baby foxes. "The water is boiling," said she. "What have you in your bag?" asked the baby foxes. "A fat, little, white hen," said Papa Fox.
As he held the bag over the pot, he said to mamma fox, "When I drop her in, you clap on the lid." So he opened the bag. Splash! went the boiling water. It spilled all over papa fox and mamma fox and the baby foxes. Never again did they try to catch the little white hen.

What did the hen do after coming out of the bag?

AThe hen quickly put a big stone in the bag in her place.
BThe hen ran away.
CThe hen stopped to rest.
DThe hen cried badly.

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6

Post Your Answer