User Forum

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 4

At 9:15 a.m., Amit left his house and reached the market at 10:20 a.m. After shopping, he left the market at 11:50 a.m.. He reached back his house at 12:30 p.m..
(i) How much time did he spend at the market?
(ii) How much time did he take to travel to his house from the market?

(i) (ii)
A 1 hr 20 mins 50 mins
B 1 hr 30 mins 40 mins
C 45 mins 40 mins
D 90 mins 50 mins

Ans 1:

Class : Class 4
Answer is B). How? First let’s hear the story given. At 9:15 a.m.,Amit left his house and reached the market 10:20 a.m . After shopping ,he left the market at 11:50 a.m.. he reached back his house at 12:30 p.m.. now let’s hear the question. (it’s written in Roman numerals) (i) How much time did he spent in the market? (ii) How much time did he take to travel to his house from the market? Now let’s hear the answers. (i) (ii) A 1 hr 20 mins 50 mins B 1 hr 30 mins 40 mins C 45 mins 40 mins D 90 mins 50 mins So now the first question was how much time did he spent in the market? The amount of time he spent was between 10:20 to 11:50 a.m. = 1 hour 30 minutes = 90 minutes. So now option A) and option C) because the amount of time in options are not equivalent to 1 hour 30 minutes or 90 minutes. Now let’s hear the second question. How much time did he take to travel to his home? The amount of time he took to travel to his home is between 11:50 a.m.to12:30 p.m. = 40 minutes. So now the option D) cannot be the answer because the amount of time in the option is not equivalent to 40 minutes. Hence the answer is B),because in option B) the amount of time in option B) is equivalent to the amount of time it’s supposed to be.

Post Your Answer