User Forum

Subject :NSO    Class : Class 5

Read the given classification chart carefully.

Select the option which correctly completes the given classification chart.

AX - Water, Y - Explosion, (i) - Maple (ii) - Cocklebur
BX - Explosion, Y - Water, (i) - Milkweed (ii) - Hiptage
CX - Water, Y - Explosion, (i) - Xanthium (ii) - Cherry
DX - Explosion, Y - Water, (i) - Apple, (ii) - Cotton

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
Check the options given for most correct answer:(i) is dispersed by wind. So it should be very light in weight. Correct answer could be Maple (Option A) or Milkweed (Option B). Both are very light.Next, Coconut and Lotus are dispersed by X. Both of these grow very near to water. So, they will be dispersed by water. That means X is Water. So, Option A and Option C could be the right answer.But Option A is common in both. So, let’s confirm by checking the right option for (ii) and Y.Seeds dispersed by Animals will be Mango and (ii). Cocklebur are the seeds of Xanthium. They are hard and have stiff, pointed thorns/spines. So, these attach to the animals’ hides and taken away. So, (ii) is Cocklebur.Peas and Poppy seeds are dispersed when the fruits split and burst open. So, Y is Explosion.That means Option A is the correct answer

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1

A

In the given classification chart X could be water as coconut and lotus disperse their seeds through water and Y could be explosion as pea and poppy disperse their seeds through explosion. (i) gets dispersed by wind, so it could be maple or milkweed. (ii) gets dispersed by explosion so it could be cocklebur.

Ans 3:

Class : Class 6
A

Post Your Answer