User Forum

Subject :IMO    Class : Class 6

Priya bent a plastic wire to form the given figure. The figure is made up of 4 squares and 4 equilateral triangles. Find the length of wire.

A 110 cm
B 90 cm
C 100 cm
D 80 cm

4 squares and 4 equilateral triangles means total 24 lines ie one square and equilateral triangle is made of 6 wires as per the diagram 5 x 24 so the answer will be 120, If 100 is the answer they must not highlighted the center line..

Ans 1:

Class : Class 9
Please explain it clearly SOF

Ans 2:

Class : Class 6

Ans 3:

I think the answer should be 120. Could anyone explain how it is 100?

Ans 4:

Class : Class 8
the answer is c = 100 because the middle line is not counted .

Ans 5:

same doubt!

Ans 6:

i also think answer should be 120. this answer is given with not counting the middle line

Ans 7:

I think the answer is A =110

Ans 8:

The answer won't count the middle line. Because if you see, the middle line is drawn only to show the shape of the triangles and squares. Or else, it really isn't there. So that way 100 is the answer.

Ans 9:

The length of wire is 20, so the length of each side of each shape is 5. Now, if we count the number of times the piece of wire has come, it's 24 times. So, the answer is 120. But, if we consider the answer without the middle wire, we will remove 20 from it which makes 100 the answer. Although, I think it should technically be 120.

Ans 10:

Class : Class 4
The question must have been made a little clearer. If the correct answer is 100, then they might be asking for the perimeter of the above figure.

Ans 11:

Class : Class 7
I too have this doubt

Ans 12:

But the plastic wire is bent in the middle too, as shown in the figure. But the middle line is not considered? The answer should be 120, not 100. Its coming for me by including the middle line. Please define it clearly. Requested

Ans 13:

The middle line should not be there.Without the middle line the answer is C=100

Ans 14:

Ans 15:

Same doubt

Ans 16:

same here

Post Your Answer