User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Choose the correct answer to fill in the blanks from the options given below :
A swarm of bees ________ building a hive outside the house.

A is
B are
C am
D were

is the answer is or are.

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6
The answer is IS

Ans 2:

Class : Class 8
The answer is 'are'

Ans 3:

Class : Class 5
It should be 'are' if it was talking about ' a lot of bees ' but since it is talking about only ONE swarm, it's become singular thus, the answer is 'is'

Ans 4:

ABEY IT IS ARE IDIOTS SWARM OF BEES IS PLURAL

Ans 5:

It is easily is, because it is singular

Ans 6:

Class : Class 9
is are

Ans 7:

Ans 8:

ithink the answer is 'is'

Ans 9:

Ans 10:

Ans 11:

Ans 12:

It is Is as we use is for a collective noun which is singular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ans 13:

The answer should be "is"

Ans 14:

Ans 15:

bees are plural nouns.so surely it is "are"

Ans 16:

No, it is not are, it is option A, is. Because a lot of bees are plural but here it is talking about a swarm! No matter how many bees are there, it will always be one swarm, just one. Thats why the answer is A) Is

Ans 17:

Surely, the answer is "is"

Ans 18:

The answer is IS because it is conted as singular and we use is with the singular nouns and hence the answer is IS like a pack of wolves is eating some of the rabbits. in the midnight hece we should not be confused between singular and plural mouns

Ans 19:

Silly mistake for me but it’s is since bees is plural, yes, but a SWARM of bees is singular as it’s a collective noun. So the answer’s ISP.S. I used caps for explaining pls don’t report me or anything

Ans 20:

Ans 21:

are

Ans 22:

Class : Class 7
it is (B)

Ans 23:

Class : Class 1
it is are

Ans 24:

Ans 25:

http://teach.files.bbci.co.uk/skillswise/en3vari-l1-f-problems-with-plurals-in-verb-subject-agreement.pdf'IS'

Ans 26:

It is are

Ans 27:

The correct answer will be 'is' , because we use a singular word i.e :is. , has for a collective noun

Post Your Answer